7/25/2019

dinengdeng a bunga ti singkamas a naalseman iti palali/jicama fruit soured with catmon fruit

Throwback from 2013, here’s bunga ti singkamas (jicama fruit or pod) again, after my singkamas buridibod, now, we’ll have dinengdeng a singkamas a naalseman iti palali, soured with palali fruit (also called catmon in Tagalog and Visayas regions).



I prefer to sour singkamas pods, usually with young tamarind fruit. But this time, I’ll try it with the equally sour palali, since I can’t find any juvenile salamagi fruit around:




Cleaned, it’s ready:




I boiled the palali first in the bugguong broth, I put in some tinapa (smoked galunggong) flakes as a sagpaw (add-on):



And then the singkamas pods:



Cooking the pods should be as quick as possible to retain its succulent crispness and beautiful green hue and texture:




There, it’s an incredibly good dinengdeng, the flavors are phenomenal and awesome, enhanced by the smoky and fishy tinapa and that aromatic red onion. all made possible by the magic of bugguong:



‘Maykayon, mangantayon, come, let's eat! Bring on that steaming rice!


:::::



More singkamas and palali dishes: 




0 comments:

Post a Comment